What is this game? Which are the characteristics?
In the here presented Computer Aided Sudoku Game (SdkGame) the shapes are squares and the sign symbols numbers. For the playing some fields have numbers. They are the initial values.
The game is terminated
- a grid of 81 fields with 9 rows and 9 columns divided in 9 shapes and
- 9 sign symbols.
During the game the cursor helps to choose a field, the keyboard to put a number into the field or erase it from them. Also, the game is absolutely similar to the game with paper, pencil and eraser.
But the SdkGame has some Options and Utilities, they help the player to save the game after each step, to visualise step history eventual with additive information, to analyse a field, to search admissible values, to go back to an arbitrary chosen field.
- if each field has a number and
- each row, each column and each square has all the 9 numbers.
Whom is it advantageous for?
For the Rookie
- The game history and the search utilities allow an ease entry in the game.
- To distinguish between thinking in field and thinking in value is
not always a trivial thing: Someone can put a value into a field, but a
field does not exist for a number which was until now not used
concerning a row or a column or a square. The SdkGame is a useful means
- The list of game steps with the additive information allows
recapitulates the correctness the player's memory. Also, it is
recommendable for memory training.
For the Interested
- In general, the game stimulates the combination capability and is very good for memory training
- When playing SUDOKU the player might have to choose among two or
more possibilities whithout being sure that his/her choice is a good one.
A couple of steps later a contradiction may arise. In this case the player
should be able to go back step by step and rub out the values filled in.
For the expert
- In some cases there are more than one solution. To find all
possible solutions is not an easy task. SdkGame features - if used - support the player in these cases.
- If someone searched and found one admissible value using the
utility, he/she can easier find an explanation. But if he could not find a
reasonable answer, he can download in the next future a new version of
SdkGame, which can verbally give out the correct answer.
Buy a license
The file you will be downloading is a ZIP archive containing an executable installer program for Windows
- You have to unpack and execute the installer program. If you need an unpacker you can get an open source program from www.7-zip.org.
- Some browsers and virus scanners find an executable program contained in the archive file and thus could be issue warnings. You have to explicitely accept to continue downloading.
Author / License provider
The product is published and sold via methodica.ch's website.
The author and license provider however is
Dr. A. Peter Krasznai.